Morson Projects deliver critical infrastructure test and build phases using customisable smart software toolkits and advanced technological solutions.
How we can help
Developed in-house by our engineering teams, our test and build software suite ensures quality, traceability and speed during complex and time-consuming testing and implementation phases of software and hardware development projects.
Delivered through a combination of customised open-source tools, commercial software extensions, and bespoke software development, our Test and Build Software Toolkit forms the basis of our approach to all project implementation and includes:
- Automated Test Document Generation
- Automatic Transmittal & Link Generation
- Bug & Query Tracing
- Configurable Secure Access Via Web Interface
- Configuration Management of Project Deliverables
- Customisable User Interface
- Development & Task Assignment
- Graphical Reporting & Progress Tracking
- Issue & Object Tracking & Assignment
- Secure File Storage & Access
- Software Definition & Build Reports
- Systematic Integration of Generated Objects
- Team & User Control
- Testing Data SQL Database
- Virtual & Physical Object & Equipment Capture
As part of our continuous improvement agenda, the software available in the Test & Build Toolkit is continuously evolving, with each unique requirement in delivered projects providing additional functionality requirements.
The current major building blocks of the toolkit include:
- Redmine: Flexible Open Source project management web application. Cross-platform and cross-database
- SQL Server: Relational database management system. Stores and retrieves data as requested by other software applications
- SIGO: Automatically generate test, specification and O&M documentation via interface with SQL databases and Redmine or equivalent project management software – this uses official Microsoft APIs to create fully compliant Office documents, customisable to client formatting requirements. This saves hundreds of man-hours in documentation creation and review time.
- Office VBA: Use of the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications framework provides a method of programmatically extending the functions of the commonly used Microsoft Office software, ensuring compatibility with client systems and improved future-proofing
- Shared Wiki: Collaborative spaces to share specifications, in-progress documentation, ideas and comments. Can be used with strict editorial control to distribute information or used to help create a team environment with free exchange of innovations, comments on progress, and continuous improvement brainstorming.
- Issues & Bug Tracking: Centralised reporting and monitoring of bugs, issues, and change requests. Ensures all potential problems are correctly categorised and assigned, with lifecycle tracking from report to resolution and client sign-off. Secure user access allows client full visibility of issue log and change request status.