As many across the marine industry will be aware, during 2023 almost all existing ships over 400 Gross Tonnes trading internationally will be required to calculate, document and have verified their Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEXI).
Our experienced Marine team have developed a free-to-use tool, that is independent of any vendors, to calculate your vessel’s EEXI value and compare it to the stipulated reference value requirement.
How it works:
We are pleased to be able to offer ship owners and managers access to our in-house EEXI calculation tool with a view to helping them with their environmental obligations.
To use this tool simply follow the prompts and enter the parameters for your ship:
- Enter your details and that of your vessel into the EEXI Calculator.
- A Pass / Fail result is calculated and presented to you online.
- A summary report will be sent to your email address.
What happens next?
- Following the initial EEXI calculation, you will be given the option to purchase a detailed Technical File. This can be given to your Recognised Organisation (Flag or Class) who will verify the contents and issue you with an International Energy Efficiency Certificate.
- If your vessel does not meet requirements, our specialist consultancy team can review your Technical File and advise on remedial action to allow your vessel to continue trading after 2023.
David Gray, Head of Marine at Morson Projects, shared:
“We are delighted to be able to offer this free and easy-to-use online tool to help our clients and other ship owners independently calculate and check their EEXI rating. As well as the initial rating, our team are then able to prepare a technical file based on the information provided.
“If required, our team are primed to advise on technical measures which will help ship owners make the alterations needed to meet the requirements necessary to operate from 1st Jan 2023.”
To discuss how Morson Projects can help you with your EEXI assessment or any subsequent requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact David via email of by calling +44 (0)161 302 9885.
You can also view more information about our EEXI Consultnacy services here >