Our Marine department is supported by our in-house Digital Capture team. The team are able to offer a wide range of surveying methods which allows us to ensure we are always using the right technology for the job no matter the size of vessel.
How we can help
Our Digital Capture team support ships, yards and owners with highly detailed and accurate 3D full colour digital laser scans of their assets.
The resulting 3D data helps owners rapidly record geometry and surface condition. Ideal for on/off hire surveys, assessment of repair or maintenance scope, or as a starting point to develop plans for modification.
The detailed digital record of the asset can support intelligent remote decision making for owners, provide a training environment for new crew, and be a valuable tool for health & safety information during vessel handover.
The benefits of utilising Digital Capture include:
- Reduced dry dock time (and cost)
- Digital capture of the asset prior to arrival
- Pre-planning of repair or modification
- Pre-design and fabrication ready for vessel arrival
- Fully co-ordinated internal and external vessel captures for year-on-year asset condition monitoring
- Improved health and safety, minimising the need for specialist access equipment and working at height
- Highly detailed information captured than if traditional methods were used, providing wider context, and minimising the need repeated visits to a vessel
- The ability to use the data in a 3D environment
- Variety of outputs ranging from 2D drawings to 3D point clouds
Scope of Services
Our Digital Capture team offer solutions including:
- 360 Photography
- 3D Immersive Digital Condition Reports
- Digital Survey of Draft Marks & Load Lines
- Mobile Mapping
- Production of Topographic Drawings
- Progressive Monitoring of Construction Progress
- Scan to Digital Twin
- Terrestrial Laser Scanning
- UAV Aerial Surveys & Inspections
To find out more about how our Digital Capture expertise can benefit you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Head of Marine, David Gray by calling 0161 707 1516.