As part of our efforts for continuous improvement, and following the recent launch of Morson Project’s FREE EEXI Calculation Tool, we have just released V4 of the tool, which has incorporated all of the latest updates ratified at the Marine Environmental Protection Committee (MEPC76) in June.
Upgrades to the ‘V4’ of the Calculation Tool include:
- In a major change, the EEXI Calculation Tool now provides a live update to the user of the pass/fail margin as they enter data, with the following benefits:
- Users can now see instantly the effect of applying Engine Power Limitation on their EEXI result
- Users can examine the benefits of Energy Saving devices
- There is now no need to enter ship data multiple times to test different operating scenarios
- The EEXI Calculation Tool also provides a comprehensive and reliable calculation of EEXI for every ship type and fuel combination.
- The EEXI Calculation Tool now also gives ship owners and managers a free and easy way to cross check results from other authorities (such as class or other consultants)
Users are given the option to save their input this at the end of the form, receiving a PDF showing the inputs and their EEXI result (this does not constitute a technical file).
How it works:
We are pleased to be able to offer ship owners and managers access to our in-house EEXI calculation tool with a view to helping them with their environmental obligations.
To use this tool simply follow the prompts and enter the parameters for your ship:
- Enter your details and that of your vessel into the EEXI Calculator.
- A Pass / Fail result is calculated and presented to you online.
- A summary report will be sent to your email address.
What happens next?
- Following the initial EEXI calculation, you will be given the option to purchase a detailed Technical File. This can be given to your Recognised Organisation (Flag or Class) who will verify the contents and issue you with an International Energy Efficiency Certificate.
- If your vessel does not meet requirements, our specialist consultancy team can review your Technical File and advise on remedial action to allow your vessel to continue trading after 2023.
David Gray, Head of Marine at Morson Projects, shared:
“We are delighted to be able to offer this free and easy-to-use online tool to help our clients and other ship owners independently calculate and check their EEXI rating. As well as the initial rating, our team are then able to prepare a technical file based on the information provided.
“If required, our team are primed to advise on technical measures which will help ship owners make the alterations needed to meet the requirements necessary to continue to operate after 2023.”
To discuss how Morson Projects can help you with your EEXI assessment or any subsequent requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact David via email of by calling +44 (0)161 302 9885.
You can also view more information about our EEXI Consultancy services here >