Morson Projects were appointed by Leonardo Helicopters to undertake a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Review.
The Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Review consists of reducing through life costs by analysing in-service data and identify where changes can be made to reduce perceived maintenance burden, specifically:
- Scheduled Maintenance Development (SMD) using RCM methodology
- Data analysis to establish root causes of equipment/system failure
- Participation in Engineering Design Reviews and RCM reviews.
- Assisting with the alignment of FMECA/RCM data
- Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (DRACAS)
- Update ILS / LSAR in accordance with Mil Stan 1388b and def. Stan 00-600
- RCM training
- RCM Auditing
The main key achievements were that the team Delivered 40%+ maintenance man-hour savings on each of the first 3 EH101 systems and a conservative capitation saving of over £2.3 million.
Delivering the project requirements to an agreed Statement of Work (SOW), the Morson Projects team carried out services to include:
- Technical Support