Morson Projects were appointed by National Grid to deliver the Control & Monitoring for a new Electrical Distribution System.
This project involved the design installation and support of a SCADA/Control system for control and monitoring of electrical distribution system including refurbished breakers, and new 11kV Biomass Switchboards. The Dual SCADA servers, Operator Workstations and Engineer’s Workstations in the Materials Handling Control Room were there to allow centralised remote monitoring and control of the complete electrical distribution system.
The contract was completed by our in-house teams except for the PLC hardware panel building and installation, which was subcontracted.
The project was delivered on time and within budget, our solution included:
- The Control System monitors and controls over 1000 in
- Individual I/O data points and utilised hot-standby PLCs and SCADA servers for dual-redundancy.
- The systems operated within the industrial environment of a Power Station with the related safety concerns that this implies. As such, the software development followed IEC61131-3.
- Equipment utilised was adequately protected in line with operation in this environment.
Delivering the project requirements to an agreed Statement of Work (SOW), the Morson Projects team carried out services to include:
- Control, Electrical & Instrumental
- SCADA & PLC Control Systems
- Software Development